Around this time every year, everyone starts to make predictions about 2019 and beyond. So I thought a list of predictions a friend recently forwarded to me was timely and pretty thought-provoking.
Among the predictions:
- Software has disrupted and will continue to disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years
- Real estate will change, because if you can work while you commute, people will move farther away to live in a more beautiful or affordable neighborhood
- Electric cars will become mainstream about 2030. Cities will be less noisy because all new cars will run on electricity
- Auto repair shops will go away
- Gas stations will go away
- In 2030, computers will become more intelligent than humans
I can see how some of these predictions may become true; others are a little harder to fathom. But it’s interesting, nevertheless, to consider how technology will continue to change and, in some cases, alter how we live.
One thing is for certain – 2019 will not be the same as 2018, and 2020 will continue to introduce new innovations to life as we know it. So we may as well enjoy the ride!
Click here to read the complete article.